Pertronix DIGITAL HP Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) System
The totally revolutionary Pertronix Digital HP is an incredible upgrade for any high performance engine. It has many features built into a box that's smaller than the comparable MSD and Mallory Ignition systems, making it easier to fit into tight spaces. Features include:
- over 187 mJ of spark energy. More than 30% more than the competition!
- Multiple sparks delivered: All the way up the power band! Does not stop at 3000 RPM's like the competition.
- Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) steps up voltage to the ignition coil to 530+ volts.
- 3 Step Digital Rev Limiter: Burnout, Launch Control, and Fatal Over-Rev.
- RPM activated trigger for accurately controlling shift lights, solenoids (nitrous), and any other RPM device
- Adjustable start retard feature: For easier starting on high compression motors, or locked out distributors
- Digital tachometer output lead: Puts out a pure signal so as not to interfere with sensitive electronic components
- Locking Molex connector and wiring harness for super clean and easy installations, positive wiring connections, and keeps terminals clean.
- Much smaller physical dimensions than competitive boxes: 4" x 3-3/4" at mounting base.
- Simple rotary switch programming adjustments with a phillips screwdriver. No computer needed! Programming can even be done before unit is installed by using a 9V battery.
- On board diagnostics and tach calibration.
We highly recommend using this unit with a high capacity/low resistance coil such as the Pertronix Ignitor 3 HC, HV, or HP coils, but may also be used with the Flamethrower 3 canister style coil for street use. Do not use solid core spark plug wires. Use quality wires such as the Pertronix 8mm cut-to-length wires. This box is compatible with most electronic ignition systems and distributors on the market. It can even be used with a Bosch 009 and/or with points! We recommend running the Pertronix Billet Ignitor 1 distributors in most cases, as we've found these to have excellent ignition curves and adjustability. Do not use ignition rotors with a built-in resistor. We recommend using the stock heat range spark plugs, and increasing the gap in .005" intervals until best performance is achieved.